Fleet Accountant - Bremen - Fleet Accountant
We are looking for an Accountant to join our Accounts Department to undertake the accounting for a small fleet of vessels and support the production of Group monthly management accounts.
The ideal candidate will be qualified/part-qualified, ambitious, fast learner with can do attitude, strong attention to detail and a genuine interest in shipping.
- Monitoring of day to day customer and supplier ledger transactions in relation to the managed vessels and relevant group companies; preparation of outgoing invoices to customers.
- Monitoring of weekly and monthly cash flows.
- Reconciliation of wages for vessel crews.
- Management and accounting for cash on board the vessels.
- Monitoring DA Desk disbursements and liaising with group companies to allocate correctly.
- Accounting for prepayments and accruals in relation to vessel operating expenditure, insurance premiums and administrative expenses.
- Regular reconciliations of balance sheet accounts including bank reconciliations, inventory, ship manager related balances, inter-company reconciliations and other control accounts.
- Liaising with other departments in the Group on matters including, but not limited to; monthly reports/accounts for each vessel, budget discussions, actual/budget variance analysis, cost allocations, insurance claims and funding.
- Looking after local VAT / tax return preparation and filings.
- Month end: Reviewing of trial balances for each vessel and company to ensure accuracy before they are submitted to Group.
- Month end: Preparation of monthly vessel reports for Technical department and external Owners.
- Quarter end: Liaising with Technical dept. / Group Accountants on any queries raised and assisting with quarterly reporting packs.
- Year end: Liaising with external auditors, preparation of year end reporting packs and local statutory accounts.
- Assisting with ad hoc projects as may be required.
- Other additional duties as may be commensurate with the role
- Completed or currently studying to achieve a professional accounting qualification;
- Prior experience in working in an accounting function within the shipping industry would be ideal;
- Ability to prioritise tasks effectively in a changing environment so as to meet the goals of the team within the agreed deadlines;
- Able to work as a member of a team, supporting colleagues and developing good working relationships;
- Good knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook), SUN
- Fluent in English
- Strong written and verbal communication skills across all levels (management and staff).
Lomar (www.lomarshipping.com) is a shipping company and principal subsidiary of global conglomerate, the Libra Group (www.libra.com). Lomar owns and manages a diversified fleet of over 40 container vessels, bulk carriers and chemical tankers.
Please email your CV to Lomar Shipping at: firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of the HR Manager.