LUBRICANT PURCHASER - LONDON, UK - Lubricant Purchaser
We are looking for a Lubricant Purchaser to join our lubricant procurement team, based in London. The position offers significant internal and external stakeholder contact as well as the opportunity to engage with an international network, therefore providing you with exciting challenges in a dynamic environment.
The successful candidate will be accountable to the Manager of Procurement and will act as the primary point of contact for supplies of lubricants, paints and chemicals for our growing fleet of vessels.
The role has the following responsibilities:
- Receiving enquiries and ensuring that all necessary information is collected. Interpreting the order and seeking technical advice where appropriate.
- Liaising with the vessel, the vessel agents, and appointed suppliers to expedite deliveries as appropriate. Check and review the order to ensure the optimum supply quantities and pricing arrangements at all times. Providing delivery instructions and advice as appropriate.
- Invoice matching with order and delivery receipt received from suppliers for timely payment.
- Actively monitoring and identifying uneconomical supply situations that will negatively impact the vessel’s running costs and pro-actively recommend solutions before the expense is incurred.
- Resolving any order related problems including redirection of orders or change of products as appropriate.
- Building and maintaining high level relationships with key suppliers in order to maintain and build own knowledge and awareness of the Marine lubricants market.
- Assist with specific projects designed to optimise performance and/or improve process efficiency and effectiveness.
- The ideal candidate will 2 to 5 years of experience in procurement – preferably in the shipping industry.
- Suitably experienced candidates preferably in the Bunker/Lubricants/Chemical industry will be considered on merit.
- Knowledge of Lubricants and the related industry practices will be preferred, but is not a mandatory requirement.
- Have a well-developed sense of urgency and are able to meet tight deadlines
- Computer literate, advanced level in Excel
- Speak and write English at a professional level
- Strong planning and decision-making skills
- Strong and effective negotiation skills
- Excellent teamwork skills and experience in working with multi-discipline/multi-cultural teams
- Strong interpersonal understanding with an awareness of different cultures within the customer base, team and organisation
- Ability to work under pressure and to a deadline within a demanding/fluctuating workload and operating environment
- Work proactively with minimal supervision (autonomous)
- Attention to detail
- Ability to think both tactically and strategically.
An excellent package and long-term career prospects will be offered to the right candidate.
Lomar (www.lomarshipping.com) is a ship-owning and management company, and is the principal subsidiary of the Libra Group (www.libra.com), a diverse international business group that is active across in 35 countries across six continents, focusing on six business areas: aviation, energy, hospitality, real estate, diversified investments and shipping. Lomar owns and manages a diversified fleet of over 80 container vessels, bulk carriers and chemical tankers.
Please email your CV to Lomar Shipping at: firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of the HR Officer