Senior Chartering Executive - London, Bremen or Singapore - Senior Chartering Executive
SENIOR CHARTERING EXECUTIVE
Due to expansion and growth of our fleet, primarily in the container sector, Lomar is looking to strengthen its dynamic team by recruiting a highly motivated and experienced Container Chartering Executive to join their Chartering Team.
Based in London, Bremen or Singapore and working together with a team in the Chartering department, the successful candidate will be responsible for negotiating and fixing the Company’s container fleet and maintaining existing and developing new relationships with Charterers.
You will be expected to have/be:
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience as a competitive or in-house container chartering broker
- An in depth knowledge of the container market (1,000-6,000 TEU sectors)
- A large network of contacts with Charterers and Shipbrokers specialising in the chartering of container vessels of this size
- Excellent commercial negotiating and communication skills
- Experience with negotiating charter party details
- Previous experience (or at least familiarisation) with the functions and role of the operations and post-fixture department
- A team player attitude, be well organised and methodical with attention to detail
- At least intermediate level user of MS Office software and advanced user of Alphaliner on-line services/tools
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Fluent in English (both written and verbal)
- The availability to travel and a have a flexible approach to working hours
An excellent package and long-term career prospects will be offered to the right candidate.
Lomar (www.lomarshipping.com) is a shipping company and principal subsidiary of global conglomerate, the Libra Group (www.libra.com). Lomar owns and manages a diversified fleet of over 80 container vessels, bulk carriers and chemical tankers.
Please email your CV to Lomar Shipping at: firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of the HR Director