Lomar is expanding globally with a wide range of ship and shore opportunities.
We welcome CVs or résumés from anyone with shipping sector experience or who is interested in becoming a part of the Lomar story. If you would like to find out more, please contact us by email and we will revert in due course.
- For sea-based vacancies please email: ShipbasedCV@lomarshipping.com
- For shore-based vacancies please email: ShorebasedCV@lomarshipping.com
IMPORTANT: PLEASE NOTE:
The ONLY correct contact email addresses for employment enquiries at Lomar are provided on this page. At times, other entities fraudulently claim to represent our crewing department and approach job candidates using a non-Lomar email address. Please do not respond to these emails. They are always reported to the authorities. Our own emails always originate from a @lomarshipping.com address.
Technical Superintendent - TS1216
We are looking for a Technical Superintendent to join our high performing Technical Department, based in London or Singapore.
The successful candidate will be responsible for vessel maintenance, dry-docking, budgets, the safety management system and statutory regulations and more specifically will:
- Provide exceptional technical support, advice and assistance on all technical matters pertaining to the operation of assigned vessels;
- Ensure the implementation of international and national rules and regulations and industry standards;
- Monitor the maintenance, condition and operations of assigned vessels and ensure their efficient operation;
- Attend assigned vessels at ports of call and periodically sail on them, to assure technical condition, performance and maintenance;
- Issue attendance reports, including comments for vessel condition and crew performance;
- Achieve optimum vessels’ performance, consistent with the assigned vessels’ commercial obligations;
- Prepare and formulate repair specifications in compliance with applicable requirements;
- Ensure the smooth and effective on board implementation of our Integrated Management System policies and perform regular vessel audits;
- Liaise with and assist the Purchasing Officer in processing all spare parts requisitions;
- Motivate shipboard personnel to continuously improve and enhance their performance;
- Provide training and advice to shipboard personnel as necessary.
- University degree in Naval Architecture/ Marine/ Mechanical Engineering with minimum 5 years of relevant working experience in a similar position or;
- C/E’s license with sea-going experience as Chief Engineer/ Marine Engineer with minimum class 2 certification and minimum 1 year of relevant working experience in a similar shore based position;
- Working knowledge of ISM/ ISPS codes;
- Excellent communication skills and knowledge of the English language;
- Ability to travel within short notice as required;
- Eligibility to work in the UK.