Respect for individuals’ privacy is of prime concern for Lomar Shipping. This policy describes how we process the personal data of visitors to this website and sets out the rights that visitors have in respect of their data.
Application of this Policy
- The terms on which we process personal data contributed via the Lomar Shipping Website (“the Site”); and
- Information on the cookies used on the Site.
In this Policy, the term "personal data" means any information or combination of information that could be used to identify a living individual.
What information do we collect?
- We collect and process various items of information that you provide to us. These may include:
- personal contact details such as name, address, telephone number and e-mail address;
- your preferences regarding information and events;
- your personal and/or employment history, specialities and experience;
- your social media accounts and related links;
- your connections with other companies within Lomar Shipping Limited and the Libra Group.
- We may collect information from other sources in order to ensure that your personal information is accurate and kept up to date. This data may be combined with other information that we collect and use for the purposes described in this Policy.
- We also collect certain types of information automatically, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address or device identifier, your device’s operating system, browser type, websites visited before or after you visit the Site, pages viewed and activities at the Site.
- This information is collected directly from you, as well as through third parties that you have authorised to provide such information.
How do we use your personal data?
- We may use your personal data for a variety of purposes, including:
- to provide services that you request;
- to communicate with you;
- to deliver information about us and the work we do, as well as about other members of the Libra Group;
- to improve our websites and services;
- and for other legitimate business purposes explained below.
- We may send you marketing emails on topics which we think may be of interest to you. We will always offer you an “opt-out” option, which you may use at any time you wish to cease receiving e-mails or other information from us.
To whom do we disclose your personal data?
We may disclose your information:
- To other companies connected with us; and
- To companies we have engaged to provide services on our behalf, under conditions of confidentiality.
We may also need to disclose your information for the following purposes:
- To comply with the law or respond to lawful requests from government or regulatory agencies;
- Where we have reason to believe that disclosure is necessary to protect the safety of our staff, customers or the public.
How long we store your information?
We retain and store your personal data only for as long as we have a legitimate business purpose to do so and in accordance with our data retention policies. We will normally delete your data within one year of your last use of the Site or (if later) the last date when we send you information which we think is of interest to you.
- You have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
- The right of access to your personal data
- The right of rectification of inaccurate data;
- The right of erasure of your personal data where there is no longer any legitimate basis for processing it (sometimes known as the "right to be forgotten"); and
- (in the circumstances provided for in applicable law) the right to restrict processing, object to processing, and the right to data portability.
- Where the processing of your personal data is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on your consent before its withdrawal.
- If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact email@example.com.
- You have the right to lodge complaints about the processing of your personal data with a data protection supervisory authority in the EU.
The Site uses “cookies” to ensure the best possible experience for the user. Information provided by the user is stored and packaged into a cookie which will then be sent to your web browser for later use.
- What are cookies? Cookies are pieces of information stored in your hard drive by the web server of the visited website. The server provides the browser with a cookie to save. They are used to make browsing the internet an easier experience. Cookies do not contain any information that personally identifies you, but personal information that we store about you may be linked, by us, to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
- What are the types of cookies?
- Session cookies These are used while the user is browsing. The cookies will be deleted once the session is over.
- Third party cookies These cookies are set by the visited site only.
- Permanent cookies These cookies do not get deleted even when the browser is closed. They are used to store the user’s preferences for later use. For more information about cookies, please see the Interactive Advertising Bureau’s website: http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
In order to provide complete functionality, the Site needs your consent to store cookies. If you do not allow cookies, you may not be able to use certain features of the Site including but not limited to:
- receiving services;
- seeing personalised content; and
- navigating across the site.
We recommend that you allow all cookies on this Site. We may use the information we obtain from your use of our cookies for the following purposes:
- to recognise your computer when you visit the Site;
- to track you as you navigate the Site;
- to improve the Site's usability;
- to analyse the use of the Site;
- to report on content accessed and any actions taken on that content including likes, comments, favourites, shares, downloads and prints;
- to prevent fraud and improve the security of the Site;
- to personalise the Site for you, including providing content which may be of particular interest to you.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. Please consult your browser reference material for further details. You can also delete cookies already stored on your computer. However, doing this may have a negative impact on the usability of many websites, including this one.
Changes to this policy
We may update this Policy from time to time, so please visit this page periodically and review the Policy for changes.
How can you contact us?
You may contact us at the address shown above, or alternatively by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Companies within the Libra Group make information available on this site for information purposes only. No liability of any kind is accepted to users of the site.
Whilst we endeavour to ensure that information on the site is correct and updated, we do not warrant its accuracy and completeness. We may make changes to the material on this site at any time without notice (including to these terms and conditions). You should take appropriate steps to verify any information before acting on it.
The services and information on this site should not be deemed to constitute financial advice for investment or trading purposes or an offer or invitation to sell investments in any jurisdiction.
We sometimes provide links to other websites (including those of our contractual partners). If you use links to third party websites on this website you will leave this website. We do not control and are not responsible for these websites or their content or availability. Accordingly, we do not make any representations about them, or any material found there, or any results that may be obtained from using them. If you decide to access any of the third party websites linked to this site, you do so entirely at your own risk.
Materials on this website may only be reproduced in their entirety (without modification) for the individual reader’s personal and/or educational use and must include this notice.
© Lomar Corporation 2018 – all rights reserved
Lomar Shipping Limited: 1274037, 13-14 Hobart Place, London, SW1W 0HH, United Kingdom