Communications & Marketing Specialist - London (Hybrid) - Communications & Marketing Specialist
The Communications team is responsible for internal and external communications and marketing for Lomar and its corporate venture lab – lomarlabs.
An exciting opportunity that cuts across communications, project management, and some creative digital marketing initiatives to effectively support in the development and implementation of broad-ranging Communications. This role offers an opportunity to project manage initiatives and delve deep into the heart of the maritime industry, and maritime innovation through our subsidiary lomarlabs, as well as engage in our newest ESG initiatives.
Responsibilities may include:
- Assist in the development and management of broad campaigns, being able to effectively write, edit, proof-read copy and help distribute media material releases, website content, and other marketing materials
- Be able to effectively help manage data-driven projects, both internal and external, and broader Lomar initiatives
- Effectively and timely support the monitoring of Lomar’s news channels, social media and online presence, and help manage content creation for all our social media platforms ensuring brand consistency and driving our engagement strategy
- Support in the design of visually compelling digital assets and promotional materials
- Help manage, create and optimise web properties (eg. Google Analytics, and support with updating the website content)
- Engage with the broader ESG remit, to support Lomar positioning
- Help oversee the delivery of internal comms, eg. newsletters and cross-department content to ensure all communications are aligned and on-brand
- Help manage our AI optimisation for marketing, track and analyse campaign performance, refining strategies based on insights.
- 3-4+ years’ experience in a communications or marketing position
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to self-manage
- Experience / ability with social media management
- Excellent organisational skills, Excel a must, and attention to detail
- Proficient in using digital marketing tools and platforms
- SEO and SEM knowledge
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Maritime or related field
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
- Photoshop, editing software and design tools such as WordPress, Canva or similar
- A keen interest in ESG, social policy, maritime tech initiatives or progressive technology a bonus
Lomar (www.lomarshipping.com) is a shipping company and principal subsidiary of global conglomerate, the Libra Group (www.libra.com). Lomar owns and manages a diversified fleet of over 40 container vessels, bulk carriers and chemical tankers.
Please email your CV to Lomar Shipping at: email@example.com for the attention of the HR Manager