Technical Assistant - London - Technical Assistant
Lomar is looking for a Technical Assistant to be responsible for the Technical Department to:
- Manage the team calendar, meetings, audits and workshops;
- Participate in and keep minutes of weekly meetings;
- Support date input and synchronise databases;
- Deliver occasional project-based work and general admin as instructed by the manager;
- Arrange travel for managers and superintendents as directed.
Reporting to the Fleet Manager, the Technical Assistant will be expected to work across all areas of the Technical Department, with responsibilities including:
- Maintain records of technical contracts, fleet certificates and technical manuals & drawings.
- Ensure that all records are electronically filed in compliance with IMS Ch.11 and readily available online or via other repository as specified by the company in the future.
- Clean up of computer drives supervision of responsible manager.
- Maintaining vessels in the company database, entering all their technical information, including registration, particulars, dimensions, capacities, budgets & Management Agreements.
- Updating changes of information or status when vessels are retrofitted, sold or otherwise modified.
- Maintaining an Updated Guarantee & Claims Record and for liaising with Technical Managers of each vessel to follow up its status
- Processing addition of new suppliers to company systems.
- Raising Purchase and Service Orders.
- Uploading proforma invoices and following through with accounts about payment.
- Chasing vessels to confirm receipt of spares/stores and updating systems.
- Processing invoices for materials and services purchased.
- Initial checking and preparation of contract based invoices.
- Liaising with suppliers in regard to invoicing queries following up all the way to a satisfactory conclusion.
- Preparation of monthly expenditure budget templates.
- Updating payment entries online, which will also include reporting any irregularities.
- Demonstrating commitment to HSQE excellence.
- Reporting to the DPA all matters under their responsibility related to the IMS.
- Ensuring that requirements stipulated in the IMS are properly implemented and maintained by their department.
- Maintaining records of drills, training, inspections and audits.
- A well-established work experience in related fields.
- Adequate PC knowledge.
- Above average Microsoft Excel knowledge.
- Proficient in English language.
Please email your CV to Lomar Shipping at: firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of the HR Officer