Vessel IT Engineer - London, Singapore - Vessel IT Engineer
Vessel IT Engineer
Location: London, Singapore
Due to expansion, primarily in the container sector, Lomar is looking to strengthen its dynamic team by recruiting a highly motivated Vessel IT Engineer to join OUR IT Department.
The Vessel IT Engineer will be a part of our IT Department and will be responsible for managing, supporting, maintaining and upgrading the on-board IT infrastructure of Lomar Shipping vessels, reporting to the IT Manager.
The successful candidate will provide remote IT support, and when required on-board support on our vessels. The position offers development in IT knowledge and communication skills in a multicultural environment.
The candidate will be ambitious, self-motivated, fast learner with can-do attitude and a genuine interest in all aspects of IT Support.
The role has the following responsibilities:
- Provide remote support to vessels, crew and on-board support (when needed)
- Install, configure and troubleshooting physical/virtual machines, laptops, printers, mobiles, tablets, storage systems and network devices (hardware, operating systems and software applications)
- Participate in the design, implementation of our vessels' IT infrastructure
- Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability
- Perform system and network updates/upgrades
- Maintain IT security and backup solutions
- Liaise with vendors, email providers and other IT personnel for problem resolution or when new tasks are needed
- Provide out-of-hours /weekend support as part of an on call rota.
- BSc in Computer Science or equivalent;
- 2 - 5 years of relevant experience;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems and Applications (MS Windows server, Windows 10, MS Office, Hyper-V, Active Directory), Antivirus, Cisco, UPS, firewall, networking, backup and replication systems (Certifications will be considered a plus)
- Knowledge of hardware troubleshooting, data cabling
- Knowledge of ships automation systems will be a plus
- Ability to multi-task, work well under pressure and flexibility to work prolonged hours
- Troubleshooting and diagnostics skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
An excellent package and long-term career prospects will be offered to the right candidate.
Lomar (www.lomarshipping.com) is a ship-owning and management company, and is the principal subsidiary of the Libra Group (www.libra.com), a diverse international business group that is active across six business areas in 35 countries across six continents. Lomar owns and manages a diversified fleet of over 80 container vessels, bulk carriers and chemical tankers.
Please email your CV to Lomar Shipping at: firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of the HR Officer